Santa Clarita Valley Landscape Lighting
Customized Lighting Design, Installation & Repair
At Leafs-U-Green Landscape Services, we offer a full spectrum of highly efficient lighting fixtures that serves not only as necessary utilities but they make beautiful enhancements to your property as well.
Check out some of our LightIng Installation Projects here!
Our Santa Clarita Valley landscapers focus on advanced LED technology, including state-of-the-art FX Luminaire products, and using digital lighting controls that are available with color adjustments, zoning, and color changing capabilities. Our cutting-edge lighting systems are available for both commercial and residential applications and are easily affordable for even the tightest of budgets.
Our work is exceptional, our products top-notch, and our designs are second to none. Below you will find some information that should help educate you about modern day landscape lighting processes and procedures, as well as exposing you to the endless possibilities available for your home. Most people don’t realize how much impact a well-designed outdoor lighting system has and how much value it adds to property value. Some options and applications include:
- Uplighting and Accent Lighting
- Pathway Lighting and Downlights
- Steps and Wall Lighting
- Water Feature and Fountain Lighting
- LED Go Green Series
- Halogen & MR16 Series
- 12 Volt Lighting Brass/Copper Series and Composite Series
Why Install Landscape Lighting?
Landscape lighting brings a home to life after the sun goes down. People spend hours making sure their lawns and landscape look good, so why hide it? There are many reasons why installing landscape lighting can benefit your home.
Advantages of landscape lighting includes:
- Security – A well-lit home deters potential robbers from breaking in because they can be easily seen. This enhances your security and gives you a sense of ease.
- Visual Appeal – Landscape lighting can illuminate a lawn and make a home look as grand outside as it feels inside. You can highlight trees with downlights or fill a wash a wall with light with flood lights.
- Safety – Landscape lights help illuminate your path outside and increase visibility. This can keep both you and your guests safe from potential falls or injuries.
- Home Value – When you install landscape lighting, not only are you investing in your home’s curb appeal, you’re increasing the home’s value. A well-lit lawn can draw in buyers if you ever want to sell your house.
The Right Outdoor Lighting For You
How much light you need to brighten your landscape depends on the size of your property and the aesthetic you’re going for. The word you need to keep in mind are how many lumens you need for your outdoor lighting.
Lumens are measurements for brightness just like watts, which you may be more familiar with. But with the popularity of LED lighting, lumens are becoming more important. The number of lumens necessary for your outdoor lighting depends on how you want your landscape to look. These can range from 12-1300 depending on where they are.
Step or pathway lighting usually have lumens at 100, while flood or motion sensor lights range around 700 lumens. It depends on how bright you want the lighting to be.
How Far Apart Do You Put Landscape Lights?
How far away you position lights in your yard depends on the effect you’re going after. If you want to display a beautiful garden, you would have the lights closer together. If you’re interested in lighting a pathway, the general rule of thumb is to place the lights six to eight feet apart.
At Leafs-U-Green, we’re here to help you with all your outdoor lighting needs in Santa Clarita. We can advice you on which lights to choose for your yard, general design, and light installations.
Ready to learn more? Call (661) 220-7017 or contact our Santa Clarita Valley landscape lighting professionals online to get started!